Ready to step out into the Sun this summer? You’ve had your hair colored, your wardrobe renewed, and you’re rocking that amazing new sandals, but I bet you forgot about one of the most important features of your flawless summer image; your feet.
I know from experience that dry winter air, ill-fitting shoes, boots and socks, all have a negative effect on your feet. Heels get dry and rough, soles crack, and your toes need a good rub down.
If you have never thought much about catering to your feet before, the time to start is now. Get rid of dry heels with an easy 5-step process that I often use myself at home. Imagine how much happier your feet will feel after this nourishing and soothing session.
Let’s get started!
1. Soak your feet for 5-10 minutes in a warm foot bath made with 1 cup of milk and 5 cups of warm water.
2. Create a homemade foot scrub by putting 4 tablespoons of sugar in 1/2 cup of olive oil.
3. Massage the homemade foot scrub in a circular motion into bottoms of feet, and don’t forget about your toes!
4. Use a natural pumice stone or foot file to gently remove any dead skin on your heels. Rinse and dry feet.
5. Apply moisturizer thickly on feet. A rich moisturizer works better than lotions.
For extra softening effects, apply moisturizing cream before bedtime and put on some comfortable cotton socks, repeat for 3-4 nights. This is a perfect foot treatment.
After you’ve renewed your beautiful feet, be sure to hit the beach barefoot! Sand is one of the best exfoliators on earth, especially when mixed with seawater, so be sure to enjoy the full effect while you’re out on vacation!
Don’t wait another summer to sport those stunning sandals you bought before the sun came back out to shine, try these tips for keeping your feet healthy!
Let’s be friends on Social Media:
Youtube | https://goo.gl/fRmyBp
Instagram | https://www.instagram.com/imaginehearts_blog
Facebook | http://on.fb.me/1N7RG7s
Pinterest | https://www.pinterest.com/imagineheart